About 15 Minutes...
- Watch from hides as dozens of Red Kites swoop for food. Gigrin Farm Red Kite Feeding Centre
- A 17thC farmstead untouched by modern farming, now a wildlife reserve. Gilfach Nature Reserve and longhouse
- Fungi Forays, autumn hunts for many species of edible fungi
- Pony trekking and riding
- Rhayader Leisure Centre
- Indoor adventure barn for young children, with ropes, chutes and nets. Quackers Childrens Play Centre
- Exciting museum of local life, great for children. Rhayader Museum
- The Hall at Abbeycwmhir.
- Elan Valley reservoirs and Visitor Centre. Now officially with dark sky status.
- Wye Lavender of Rhayader. Summer tours of the lavender beds and workshops to see the products.
- Coarse and fly fishing on lakes, rivers and reservoirs with Rhayader and Elan Valley Angling Association
- Welsh Overland Safari for historic and scenic tours of Mid Wales, off the beaten track and 'must see' locations.
- Exploring Mid Wales exclusive guided tours - walk, cycle or drive the stunning mid Wales countryside.
- Guided walks
- Pub meals and a good pint
- Restaurants, cafes and takeaways
- See a wonderful multi sensory display of local rural life and skills at CARAD museum
Please click on the highlighted links to take you to the relevant websites for more information.